Tuesday, December 1, 2009
Sunday, June 28, 2009
Thursday, June 25, 2009
The basic idea is to make a brownie ice cream sandwich. First you make or buy brownies, and then put brownie pieces in a food processor and make small crumbs. Layer the brownie crumbs, followed by the ice cream of your choice, topped with more brownie crumbs in each cup in a muffin tin. Then place back in the freezer for a couple of hours.
Yummo!! So tasty! I made mine with a babyruth flavored ice cream and it was great! I totally recommend trying it. It is super simple and a nice proportioned snack!
Monday, June 22, 2009
Friday, June 12, 2009
Thursday, June 11, 2009
Wednesday, June 10, 2009
Tuesday, June 9, 2009
I finally watched "Twightlight". I've never read the books, and knew little about what it was all about. Pretty much I knew it involved vampires, and that people have huge crushes on "Edward".
Well, after watching the movie I cannot understand what all the hype and talk is about. First of all, the movie was LAME!! And second of all, "Edward" aka Robert Patinson....is not attractive!!
I JUST DON'T GET IT!!!
Monday, June 8, 2009
- For my birthday Matt gave me a spa gift certificate so that I could go get a massage, facial, manicure and get my hair cut with highlights. A few Fridays ago I went in and got my hair cut and highlighted. I've wanted to for quite a while, but never knew where to go get it done. Well Matt made that easy for me, and I loved the work the lady did. If I can ever have a good hair day on my own I'll post a pic!!
- My sister gave me cute flip flops, a pedicure kit, and lots of different toe nail polish. Matt spoiled me (or tortured since I don't like people touching my feet) and painted my toenails (and nails, which is less painful!) for me. I like having cute nails, I just hate feet. Maybe with enough exposure I can get over my weird foot aversion.
I can't belive I forgot those groundbreaking events in my life!! Silly me!
Wednesday, June 3, 2009
- Matt installed a new faucet in the kitchen. Our last faucet was leaking like mad, so it is nice not to have the constant dripping noise in the background.
- We got a new water filter on our faucet. Since we replaced the last faucet it meant that the water filter didn't fit anymore, so I spent about 15 minutes at Walmart looking at all the water filters. Ultimately I made the tough decision, I just hope it was the right one!!
- I saw a bunch of cute puppies at the pet store in Sandy. My mom and I went to lunch at Riches Bagels and then headed next door to the pet store. I got to pet full bred Shitzu's, Chiahuahas, Yorkies...and a lot more. Let's face it, I was in dog-lovers paradise!!
- Matt and I went to the park on Saturday for a picnic and to throw the football around. Not only was my Subway sandwich totally tasty, and my spiral was spot on...but I got to play with 9 week old golden retriever puppies!! Yeah!!
- On Monday and Tuesday this week I actually got a full 8 hour work day. Normally I wouldn't be so excited about this, but due to the decreased mail volume full 8 hour days have been few and far between. It feels great to actually accomplish a full days work, something that I have missed as of late!!
I hope that most of you have had a more exciting week than me, but to each his own. Right??
Tuesday, May 19, 2009
This is actually the second time in a few months that this has happened, and it is hilarious!! The last time involved lettuce. I know, hound dogs and lettuce?? What's so funny about that?
I guess you just had to be there!!
Sunday, May 17, 2009
We've been excited for spring to come so that we could get back to the golf course and get our golfing groove on again! But of course it didn't live up to the expectations we had built up during those months and months of having to play golf on the wii and not in real life!
I totally sucked it up today!! I think I was even worse today than I was the very first time I even picked up a club!! It was a bit discouraging because I was really starting to make some progress at the end of last year, but now all of that progress is gone!! The future is not completely doomed though, so I'm looking forward to the progress to come!!
Eventually I will be ready to play those 9 or 18 holes, and I will be dressed to the nine's when I do. I'm talking argyle socks, capris, polo, visor....the hole nine yards!! If...or when it happens, I'll post pictures. It'll be awesome!!
Friday, May 15, 2009
Thursday, May 14, 2009
It was my birthday yesterday, and I don't say that to make people feel guilty if they didn't remember, I'm just stating the fact. To be quite honest, as I grow older, birthdays don't matter as much. Although that doesn't let Matt or my family off the hook for it!!
I'm a fan of Jim Gaffigan, and I heard this sketch again today and it made me laugh! I hope it makes all of you laugh too!!!
Thanks to everyone who made my 27th birthday something to remember!! I love all ya'll though!!
Sunday, May 10, 2009
Thursday, May 7, 2009
Today as I was walking up to my apartment I came across two families of geese with their little geeselings (??) The parents are really protective of their little babies.
A few days ago they were hanging out right by the staircase and everytime I took a step forward the Mom took a step forward and hissed at me. I was nervous that it would attack me if I got to close, so I just patiently waited for them to wander away. They are adorable though, so I didn't mind!
Tuesday, April 21, 2009
The weekend was pretty uneventful, and at some times similar to what we would have done if we were in Salt Lake, but it was nice to have a change of scenery! (And having warmer temperatures didn't hurt either!) We did drive by a random small car show and saw some very nice vintage Corvettes and Shelbys. Too bad Matt's dream car wasn't there... a 1966 Cobra. I guess with a price tag of around $1 million, we weren't expecting to see it. I fell in love with a vintage Stingray. I'll put it on my Christmas list!
On Saturday afternoon after playing a round of mini golf we decided to head to gamble away a small fortune in Mesquite. It's only a 30 or 40 minute drive, so we coudn't resist!! We ended up staying longer than we were expecting because Matt was doing quite well at the Texas Holdem table. Overall I ended up losing $20, but Matt ended up earning $20 after all of his game play! So really we ended up breaking even, and got hours and hours of entertainment, so I call that a success!!
Sunday was bascally devoted to cleaning, eating, and driving. We had recorded the Jazz vs Lakers game and were excited to get home so that we could watch it. Unfortunately that excitement left all too soon due to the lopsided score. We didn't let that bring us down after a great weekend though!! I wish I had pictures, but we had so much fun that we completely spaced bringing it with us to any of the fun events. Oh well, you know what we look like!
Monday, April 20, 2009
Thursday, April 16, 2009
Normally I wouldn't be complaining about that, but since mid-March my hours have been cut back a ton. I've been averaging about 3-4 hours a day lately, so 5 seemed like an eternity.
Maybe ya'll need to write more letters so that I have more work again. I've got 2 cats to feed after all!!
Friday, April 10, 2009
Thursday, April 9, 2009
Actually I never left. I've got NO idea where the last post came from...seriously. Matt won't admit to it being done by him, so the mystery remains!!
I toyed with the idea of actually retiring, seeing how it had been over a month since my last post, but I'm no quitter. So sorry to say that you will still be subject to my randomness!!
Since it is like a new start for this blog, I changed it up a little! Changd the style, changed the title, but its the same old blog as before! So enjoy!
Thursday, April 2, 2009
Monday, February 16, 2009
We had intended on eating at the restaurant on Valentines day, but when we saw the wait was 110 minutes, we ordered it to go and took it back home! It only took 10 minutes to get our food and then we got to have our own romantic dinner in front of our fireplace at home! Plus we had the meow-sical styling of DJ Chazzy Chas! Now that's something you don't get at the Macaroni Grill!!
Wednesday, February 4, 2009
Tuesday, February 3, 2009
I've never watched the show "It's Me or the Dog", but if every episode is this hilarious I might consider it. I had a video from "The Soup" showing stains the dog, but it decided not to work. This one's funny too though. I've never seen a dog in such a trance. Those must be really good cupcakes!
Thursday, January 29, 2009
My pet peeve is when stores put up holiday decor way too early. For example:
- The day after Halloween the stores start loading in all of the Christmas decor...totally skipping over Thanksgiving.
- The day after Christmas the stores start loading in all of their cheesy Valentines Day presents and decor.
Wednesday, January 28, 2009
Well, don't you feel better now that you know what I've been up to. Pretty exciting huh? Yeah, I didn't think so either. But at least there's no bad news to tell, so it could be worse.
Monday, January 5, 2009
Even the woman standing in front of us turned around and commented about how smooth he was. It was pretty funny!
Sunday, January 4, 2009
Everyone else can just ignore this message, no offense to you...thanks for checking in!!
Diana Suzanne Hanks Olsen---
A few weeks ago you made your blog private, but I'm not authorized to read it. Your family is so cute, I'd love to keep up with you guys. I was hoping I could give you my email address and you could add me as an authorized person. So since I don't have your email address or phone number, I have to hope you check in on my blog sometime soon and read this. Also Lisa Syndergaard Thomas gave me her email address with hopes you could add her too. So my email is: firstname.lastname@example.org and lisa's is: email@example.com
Saturday, January 3, 2009
Most of you probably wouldn't have noticed, but it was the principle of the matter. I had to give it another look immediately, so I went back to work on the colors, background, and template. I guess there was a reason I was drawn to the same background as my sisters blog...its in our DNA! And she always said I was adopted....