Sunday, November 30, 2008

Mold!

I love decorating for holidays, especially Christmas. It's my tradition to decorate the day after Thanksgiving. I had gotten the 24 hour Christmas music station on, taken out my big tupperware box of Christmas decorations...only to lift the lid and find MOLD!!
Not everything had mold growing on it, but as we dug deeper to find the source, we found some black mold. At that point we put everything back in the container, closed the lid, and threw the container out in the garbage! I was sooo sad that all my Christmas goodies were gone, but I had heard bad things about black mold, so we thought our health was worth throwing away $200 worth of decorations.
There was a little good news to come from this, I got to go shopping for new stuff. But the bad was that I don't have enough money to replace everything, and some stuff had some funny memories behind it. Oh well, I'll just make new memories with the new stuff!

2 comments:

erinmalia said...

yikes! what caused the mold? i would never even have thought that it could happen. have fun shopping for new stuff!

Melissa said...

Oh no! All your cute stuff! Be sure to look for those 20% or 40% off coupons to Roberts in the Sunday paper before you go shopping.