Monday, September 29, 2008

A Day at the Zoo

Since we've got great Fall weather to enjoy, Matt and I went to the Hogle Zoo. I love animals, so the zoo is one of my favorite places.
We sure had quite the adventure. First I almost got my head bitten off by a lion...If it hadn't been for the glass separating us, I'm sure this little guy would have tried to throw monkey poop at us!
Matt really liked the monkeys! Maybe a bit too much...
...and I did my best gorilla impression to fit in...
After fleeing the monkeys, we ran into Casper the "Ghost of the Bayou". Our Santa Clause friend at the front gate had told us how there are only 10 albino alligators in existence. He also said that they are all male, so they are definitely on the path to extinction. Poor fella! We were happy we came when we did though, because Casper was getting ready to leave the zoo on Wednesday.
Casper the Alligator
Me and the "Ghost of the Bayou"
Most of the animals are in cages or enclosures of some nature, so I was shocked when I came face to face with this cute animal on the loose.
...Then a bald eagle just landed on my head...
...Luckily for me some elephants showed up and scared the eagle away before it clawed my eyes out.And while the elephants were getting a drink we snuck out safe and sound! It was a great day at the zoo though!

4 comments:

Susan said...

So fun! We went to the Hogle Zoo this week too! :) I got your message when I got home - I didn't do a good job checking blogs while I was away. Bummer!

Melissa said...

What an adventurous day! What adorable pictures! (well, adorable except for that one disturbing one. You know the one I mean!)

D and I are going to the Phoenix Zoo next week. We thought we'd wait until its a cool, crisp 97 degree day before we head outside.

Becca Wecca2 said...

wow!! My kids almost like the zoo as much as you and Matt! :) hehe! Looks like it was fun.

Annie said...

You guys have great adventures!