Sunday, September 28, 2008

Where Did the Week Go?

Somehow despite having a 6 day weekend, I never found the time write anything on my blog. Then again, maybe it wasn't a lack of time, just a lack of something interesting to write about.
Working for the evil postal service as a transitional employee they technically fire, and then re-hire me every 3-9 months and then give you a mandatory 5 day unpaid break. It's weird, and actually really stupid, but it gets them out of having to offer us benefits. I guess it's good to know that some aspects of our government is trying to save money, I just wish they didn't have to screw me over in order to do it.
I tried to get a lot of scrapbooking done this week. I haven't done it in so long because I'm so behind that it is too intimidating. It is also a very timely process, probably requiring on average 1 hour a page. In the past couple of days I probably finished 15 pages, so I'm pretty happy about that.
I also ended up going to the gym quite often, sometimes even twice a day. I'm kind of a weirdo and actually enjoy going to the gym. It is one of my favorite things to do when I'm bored. That is probably a good thing because one of my other favorite things to do when I'm bored is eat...especially ice cream.
Because I scrapbooked in the living room, I watched a lot of t.v. too this week. (I have to have something else to focus on when I'm having a brain cramp.) I love having a DVR, if you don't have one, get one...life will never be the same for you again. I had the DVR loaded with my favorites, such as: "The Biggest Loser", "The Hills", the new "90210", "House", "King of Queens", "America's Got Talent", and "America's Funniest Home Videos". It was nice to catch up on all my favorites.
Recently Matt and I have taken up golfing. So on Friday we hit the driving range and the putting greens. We bought a set of clubs to share a few weeks ago, and have hit the driving range 5 or 6 times in the last month. We're trying to improve our driving and short game first, but hope to hit the course for 9 holes before it gets too cold. I never thought I could be into golf, but surprisingly it is a lot of fun. Plus it's something that we can both have in common where one of us isn't a ton more advanced than the other.
And as far as I can remember it, that was my week. It was nice having a couple days off, and at the time it even seemed a little too long and I kind of wanted to get into work. But now that it is Sunday and I have to work tomorrow, I'm totally dreading it! Can't wait for my next mandatory firing!!

1 comment:

bandkworky said...

I need a job with a mandatory firing to give me a break once in awhile, other then the not paid thing. Sounds like you had a wonderful week. We need to scrapbook together sometime. Juliana's book is finished up until her first Halloween so three months of her life.