Friday, September 12, 2008

Ego Boost

My mom sent me a funny email with the title "When you're feeling really stupid...read this" It had various quotes from some famous people that I thought were pretty funny. These were my favorites..

"Whenever I watch TV and see those poor starving kids all over the world, I can't help but cry. I mean I'd love to be skinny like that, but not will all those flies and death and stuff."
---Mariah Carey

"Smoking kills. If you're killed, you've lost a very important part of your life."
---Brooke Shields, during an interview to become spokesperson for federal anti-smoking campaign.

"I've never had major knee surgery on any other part of my body."
---Winston Bennett
,
University of Kentucky Basketball player

"Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country."
---Mayor Marion Barry
,
Mayor of Washington D.C

"I'm not going to have reporters pawing through our papers. We are the president."
---Hillary Clinton


"I love California. I practically grew up in Phoenix."
---Dan Quayle


In September 1994, Alabama's Heather Whitestone was selected as Miss America 1995.
Question: If you could live forever, would you and why?
Answer: "I would not live forever, because we should not live forever, because if we were supposed to live forever, then we would live forever, but we cannot live forever, which is why I would not live forever."
---Miss Alabama


Well it certainly made me feel better about myself, hope it did for the rest of you too!!
P.S--I don't know why some quotes came across as different sizes, they were all done in the same font. Crazy blog!




3 comments:

erinmalia said...

um yeah, as someone living next door to DC let me tell you what an idiot marion barry is. i totally believe he said something like that.

Melissa said...

I think Clinton's is very telling.

Anonymous said...

You'll have to excuse Marion Barry. . .all that crack & all. . .

Re: Hilary Clinton--Think about it! Maybe she has already BEEN the president, thru Bill, so she doesn't have to have the official job title. That should make her feel better, but somehow, I doubt it does!

Also, I like the way our gov't sends mail to dead people. Except for Erin, of course, whom I THINK currently works for the gov't & is (of course) a shining exception, most should be fired for SHEER STUPIDITY if not the egregious theft, systemic waste, etc. we read about in the news.