Monday, October 6, 2008

God Bless HDTV

We have had our plasma HDTV for a couple of months now, but up until Saturday we were HD-less. We held off for those few months for a couple of reasons, but with football season already started we decided to bite the bullet and get HD set up.
I was skeptical that the difference would be noticeable and worth the hassel of having it installed, but the minute I saw the HD in all its glory, I knew it was worth it!
Actually the first thing I saw in HDTV was LDS General Conference...the Mo Tab has never looked so good, and the apostles have never looked so old! I had heard stories about news anchors being upset with being in hi-def because it showed their flaws. Well, I hate to say it, but some of them have a legitimate complaint!
Now HDTV, just like the DVR, is an extra convenience that I will not be able to live life without!

4 comments:

Susan said...

I agree that HDTV is definitely awesome! We recently discovered Planet Earth which is playing on the Discovery Channel on Sunday evenings. It looks awesome in HD!

bandkworky said...

I know what you mean. I don't have HDTV, but my parents do and that is where I was watching conference. The apostles did look a lot older.

erinmalia said...

oh yes, the dvr is an absolute necessity.

emily said...

so true! we don't have HDTV but my folks do and once we were watching scrubs, i think, at their house and my husband and i couldn't tell if they were the same actors. it's crazy!