Friday, October 24, 2008

Picture Tag

Koriann tagged me, and I was actually happy to be tagged because I love pictures!! So here is what you do. Go into your pictures and choose the 6th folder. Once you've opened the folder, go to the 6th picture in it, post it, and give the story of the picture.
I was hoping I would have stumbled upon an embarrassing picture of someone other than me so that I would have a legitimate excuse to post it, but instead the picture I came to was one of a whole bunch of USU people at Diana and Cameron's wedding!
Diana was my very first roommate ever in college at Utah State. During our second year of college we both lived in Old Farm, but weren't roommates. (Jenn was the lucky one who got to be roommates with her!) That was the year that she met her future husband Cameron. We all knew that one day those two would get married!
They finally got married in the summer of 2004 (I sure hope that is right!) in the Manti Temple. Jenn and I made the trip down there and stayed at Koriann's house (even though I was totally freaked out by all the dolls they had in the hallway. I swear they were watching me when I woke up to use the bathroom in the middle of the night. Creepy!) Their reception was later that night, and Jenn and I were assigned to the book since we were the unofficial bridesmaids.
You can't tell in the picture, but my dress showed off quite a bit of my cleavage. This became a source of embarrassment when people who came to sign the book got quite the view from above since I was sitting. And I was known as cleavage girl for at least a few weeks after that!!
One of my other favorite memories from that night was Diana's mother trying desperately to give us wedding cake. We tried to say no, but she wouldn't take no for an answer. So we tried to just share pieces of cake, but she insisted that each of us have a piece of cake. Some of us even ended up taking a piece home too! She was a cute lady!
So the photo was taken near the end of their reception in Alpine. I can't name everyone who's in the picture, but I know the important people because they were my good USU buddies and still are good buddies today! It was a fun evening, I wish I could see that gang more often.

2 comments:

bandkworky said...

Me too, we needed to figure out a weekend that we can all go somewhere together.

Anonymous said...

I think I'll start calling you that: Cleavage Girl. It has a ring to it! ha ha Ah, memories.

I never heard of picture tagging. How does it work? Are you "it" now? You'll have to explain it to me.

Anyway, cute picture & fun to "listen" to you reminisce!