Friday, April 10, 2009

10 Things About Me

I got tagged FOREVER ago for this, but I figured it was about time to fill it out. In fact I wouldn't be surprised if I end up surprising myself, as well as you the reader. So here we go.

10 Things You Didn't Know About Me
1. I love grocery shopping!! I secretly would like to start my own shopping service, but I'm not sure that people hate grocery shopping enough to pay someone else to do it.
2. I love the Biggest Loser! You would die laughing at me if you could watch me watching it. I laugh, I cry, I dance, I binge on sugary foods, I jump up and down, and do my own exercises in front of the t.v. It is quite a site!!
3. I love watching infomercials! There have been many a Saturday morning that I've lost numerous hours watching them. My favorites are the Magic Bullet and the GT Express.
4. I have depression. I have a therapist. It's cool though!
5. I listen to hours and hours of talk radio each day. My day usually begins with the robotic Grant and Amanda in the morning, followed by either Radio from Hell or the Morning Zoo. Then I go back to ksl to listen to the Doug Wright show. I used to even listened to the evil Sean Hannity during election season, but I can't stand the sound of his voice anymore! But don't judge me for my poor past judgement, I've learned my lesson.
6. My most embarrassing moment happened in front of my ex-boyfriend and his best friend. I had been sick with the flu and on our way home from a wedding reception I threw up in the car and....well I'll just put it this way, I was losing it from both ends!! Horrible!!
7. When Matt and I were visiting San Diego in November 2007 we made the horrible decision to drive down to Tiajuana, Mexico. We had intended on parking on the U.S side of the border and walking across into Mexico, but since we weren't paying attention we ended up driving into Mexico and proceded to get lost. We were 2 white people in a brand new convertible in Tiajuana, so needless to say we stuck out a little! We got pulled over by an officer who claimed we were speeding. Whatever! And not only were we supposedly speeding, but he also informed us that we violated our rental car agreement by leaving the U.S. and he needed to impound the car....unless of course we wanted to fork over $600. As horrible as it was to part with the money, it sounded better than losing the car and being put in a Mexican prison!
8. My biggest pet peeves are people eating popcorn, the sound of clipping your toenails, and people chewing their gum like a cow or popping their gum. There are a lot more that bother me too, but thats probably the top 3!
9. I can't use a public restroom if I just saw the person who previously occupied the stall leaving it, or if there is anything in the toilet bowl besides just water. And I can't talk while using the bathroom. I'll talk in a bathroom, but the minute I enter the stall all conversations end and can be resumed after I exit the stall.
10. I have a girl crush on Jillian Michaels, the trainer on the Biggest Loser. That doesn't mean that I'm into chicks, not that there's anything wrong with that, but I just think she's awesome! She's kinda my role model because she's intelligent, got a rocking muscular body and is the kind of trainer I always wished I was, but don't have the personality for.
Whew! That's a relief to have that done! Has everyone who's filled this out had as difficult a time as I had? I sure hope so!!

4 comments:

Annie said...

Yay, I'm glad the retirement was just a fluke.

I totally understand the bathroom thing. I get extremely annoyed when people try to carry on a full-blown conversation with me from another stall.

Diana and Family said...

Oh Galby......I love you! I would love to join your Biggest Loser festivities. Too bad we don't live closer. And oh man...that is definately an embarrasing moment. How come I never heard about it? And you totally have the personality to be a trainer. You would be freakin awesome. Then you could train this ol' body of mine aye! You should move to Roosevelt, they are in desperate need of trainers at our gym! Just think of it. Me and you chillin and you could be my neighbor! I'd love it!

Jenn said...

Hahahahaha Diana. Could you even imagine Kristin in Roosevelt?? Sorry, just don't see that one happening.

And I totally agree on the bathroom thing. All the girls I work with talk in the bathroom ALL THE TIME, and it drives me crazy.

Jenn said...

Oh yeah... I love the Biggest Loser too. I was so disappointed when we missed it because we were flying home on Tuesday. Who are you rooting for/against? I really don't want Filipe to win. I know some people want him to just because he's LDS. Not me though. He drives me crazy.