Thursday, May 7, 2009

One of the Signs of Spring

One of my favorite ways to tell that it is springtime is the appearance of baby geese and baby ducks! It is the cutest thing to see the families walking around together.
Today as I was walking up to my apartment I came across two families of geese with their little geeselings (??) The parents are really protective of their little babies.
A few days ago they were hanging out right by the staircase and everytime I took a step forward the Mom took a step forward and hissed at me. I was nervous that it would attack me if I got to close, so I just patiently waited for them to wander away. They are adorable though, so I didn't mind!


4 comments:

Diana and Family said...

Oh....Galby. I'm laughing so hard right now. You make me laugh. I can just see you waiting so patiently for those GEESELINGS to pass! I would have charged right at them and hissed back! And yelled "I'm in a hurry!" ya...ok...its late and I'm tired. You know how that goes! So I really love the title of your blog! ClassiC!!!! Oh....how I miss you!

erinmalia said...

goslings? i don't know. cute anyway!

Ryley @ That's My Family! said...

Oh.. i am TERRIFIED of geese!!
I would have been right there with you waiting for them to move happily on thier way..

The other day we were driving home from a funeral and 2 ducks and 4 babies were trying to cross the busiest part of 90th south.. it was so scary! I couldnt look.. but aaron told me they made it...
Thats all for story time! :)

Melissa said...

So cute! I am jealous you have adorable baby animals at your apartment complex!