Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Memories of a Better Time

Chances are that each of you has something, that when the world seems to be crashing in around you, you can turn to and feel comfort. For me, that used to be ice cream. Those of you who know me well, know that it wasn't uncommon for me to eat a gallon of ice cream in a day, or even eat ice cream for breakfast. It used to be my solution to everything. Had a bad day at work...eat some ice cream! Just got a raise...go to Coldstone! The cat meowed at me...eat that pint of Ben and Jerry's! But the truth is, it just doesn't seem to work anymore. I just don't crave it and it is no longer my "magic bullet" to a better day. Surprising, I know! What can I say? Sometimes in life you just have to move on and stop living in the past. Well, maybe just one more trip down memory lane. I'd like to indulge in a picture tribute of a time when two of my favorite things came together: ice cream and Italy. I like to call it...

"Gelato Around Italy"

Burano, Italy

Venice, Italy

Genova, Italy

Florence, Italy

Pisa, Italy

Rome, Italy

Rome, Italy

So whats a girl to do now that ice cream just doesn't do the trick anymore? I guess the healthy thing would be to talk out any problems with friends, family, and Matt. Or go to the gym and work off any frustration on the treadmill.
OR....
I'll just pig out on candy bars until I get sick of those too!