Saturday, May 31, 2008

Reunited!

For the last month or so (since my brother stole my dads car) my dad has been borrowing my scooter and riding it to the TRAX station. I didn't mind that he needed to use it (after all...they did basically buy me a car when I was 16, so who am I not to help them out?) but I'm so excited to have it back! Not only do I get cat calls all the time and get to park almost wherever I want, it's nice to be able to fill it up with $5 of gas and go all week without filling it up again! (For those of you doing the math at home, it's approx 100 mpg!)
Here's me and Boo (yes, I named my scooter) on the night I got her!

6 comments:

Melissa said...

"Reunited and it feels so good. ..." Luckily, those are the only words I know. Sadly, this song sticks in my brain everytime I see this post!

Anonymous said...

I think Dad misses Boo (as long as it's not raining!). Sorta sad to have her gone, really (but thanks for the loan; it helped out a lot.)We're all jealous of the mileage, but I do worry that scooters don't get enough respect on the road :-)

P.S. Like Melissa, I get the "Reunited" song in my head when I see your post. But that's OK. It reminds me of Steven (I think) playing it on a juke box over & over in some restaurant till we had to leave :-)

Jenn said...

So I am bored at work, wishing that you had posted something.

I noticed you had more comments on your posts, and it looks like most of them are from your mom, and can I just say that your mom is adorable?

And tell her thank you for not thinking I look like Howard Dean. Yikes!

Oh, and I agree with her that you should post more.

The end.

Jenn said...

oh yeah... the tile of this post also makes me think of that song, and like Melissa, those first 6 words are the only ones I know.

Melissa said...

Mom, actually, I think we "ordered" that song about nine times on the jukebox and THEN left the diner. :)

We were such naughty children.

Anonymous said...

I must say HI to JENN! Luv you! Hope you & Jon (John?) are doing great. Thanks for not thinking (or at least SAYING!) I'm a twirp for the weird comments I post all the time. Blogging is fun, and Kristin needs to keep us FAR better entertained.

So chop, chop, honey! Start writing! We're bored, here! lol Maybe I should start my own. Wouldn't THAT be scary?