Friday, May 30, 2008

Bicycle! Bicycle! I want to ride my Bicycle!

I got pretty bored when I was all alone on my vacation last weekend in St. George that I did something that I don't really like, and don't do very often. I rode a bike! Matt and I are contemplating getting mountain bikes and picking that up as a habit, so I figured I'd better take the opportunity while I had a free bike to see if I liked it. Turns out it was quite fun!!
There is a nice bike trail that starts in Santa Clara by the house and leads to Snow Canyon National Park. Since I am out of practice for riding a bike I took a few breaks.
One of my water breaks at a park along the way...
At the park I ran into some St. George wildlife..And saw some cool cacti along the path too...I was relieved when I saw this sign...
But it turned out to be the longest mile of my life!! I'm not sure how long of a ride it actually was to Snow Canyon, but I'm pretty impressed that I made it.
Here's the proof. Thats me in front of the sign.
And in case that's not enough proof, you think I could have taken that photo anywhere, here's my bike at the enterance.
I was so proud of myself that I made it. It was a beautiful ride, but I was happy for it to be over. Hooray!


2 comments:

Melissa said...

Good job, Chic! I try to avoid exercising anywhere that has the word "canyon" in it -- which is why I haven't been to 24 Hour Canyon Fitness (the "Canyon" is silent) for so long! Did you see any cool water features in your travels?

Anonymous said...

I am in awe of your fitness work-out ethic and discipline. Between that and your hike to Angel's Landing (as well as keeping it up day-to-day) you are a great example to me. Also with diet. Hat's off to you, honey!