Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Pimping Out The Pad

I don't want to sound ungrateful to those who gave me the furniture I did have in my apartment (Mom and Dad, John and Jenn), but it was about time to stop living like a college student and get some more comfortable furniture, that actually matched!
Last Saturday I spent the majority of the morning cleaning the living room, moving the old furniture, and waiting for Ashley Furniture truck to make their delivery! We spent a few last precious moments with the old furniture. Afterall, we had many good memories on the furniture!

Matt and the Lazy Boy

Me with the couch and chair

We put the furniture by the dumpster in hopes that someone else could get some good use out of the furniture. And sure enough, a couple of hours later it was gone! Now it was just a waiting game for the new furniture!
I usually hate waiting for deliveries because they always give you a 4 hour window that they'll come within, but after waiting, scared to leave the house even for a few minutes, they end up showing up 15 minutes before being considered late.
Not the case this time. The nice folks at Ashley told me the furniture would come between 12 and 4. Well it wasn't later than 12:20 and those nice delivery men were knocking at the door with the furniture! Yippee!!

Me and the new sofa (2 seats recline)

Our new Recliner

The new living room set-up

We are totally loving our new stuff! It is soooo comfortable, looks sooooo much better, and it gives it more of a feeling of home! Plus, we had to have a comfortable place to watch the new t.v.

I know I've posted a pic of the t.v. already,
but we got a new stand

So now everyone can feel free to come visit because we can now seat more than just 3 people!

4 comments:

erinmalia said...

we also did the "lazy man freecycle" thing at our old place. you wouldn't believe the free crap people would take! not that your couches were crap, but...

Susan said...

Cool new furniture! Did you get those bamboo plants from IKEA? We have those too.. in our bathroom.

Melissa said...

Supercute! And don't tell Matt, but that sports recliner was pretty bad. I love the Eiffel Tower art. Although, knowing how much you love Paris, I'm surprised you chose that ....

Becca Wecca2 said...

Love the new furniture!! It looks like I should have you come decorate my front room, I love your picture and plants etc.!