Sunday, August 17, 2008

Kristin Day!!

Friday August 15, 2008 was officially declared "Kristin Day" by Matt. We both had the day off, and after a court appearance by Matt early in the morning, we had the rest of the day to spend together! Kristin Day was nothing horribly fancy or elaborate, but it was perfect in every way!!
After a yummy lunch at Subway, we took a scenic drive through Provo Canyon. I didn't know what the plan was, and was trying to guess the whole time. A hike? Timp Cave? Picnic? Park City?
I was certainly surprised when we ended up in Heber City...at a bowling alley! Most surprising was how much fun we had. It was a "ma and pa" bowling alley with a quaint country feel. We loved it and had a blast!! Best bowling ever!

Matt in action

Let's see him pick this spare up!

Having a good time

Cute? Scary? You make the call!

As always Matt and I put a small wager (housework, etc) on the game... and history repeated itself when I got my butt kicked by Matt!
I eventually turned to the helper ramp and finally picked up a spare! But it was too little, too late!

Matt was certainly excited that he beat me! (Especially since he doesn't have to do the housework for a while!)


After our time in Heber we headed into Park City to browse Main Street. I ran into some unique wildlife while we were doing our shopping...
A moose wearing pants? How silly!
I loved Franz the Bear. He's so cute!

After browsing Main Street for a while we wound up back in Salt Lake and ate dinner at The Macaroni Grill. (I totally recommend the Pinot Grigio chicken..yummy!!) Finally we ended up back at home and ended the Kristin Day celebration with some good old fashioned "America's Funniest Home Videos". (We love that show!)
And that was Kristin day!! It may not sound like much, but I loved it!! It doesn't matter what I'm doing, I just love spending time with Matt!! I just hope Kristin Day becomes tradition! Wait...he's so sweet that everyday seems like Kristin Day!!

3 comments:

Becca Wecca2 said...

Sounds like fun!!! :) Was Matt jealous of the bear getting all your attention??

bandkworky said...

I need a Koriann day, sounds like it was a great day!

Anonymous said...

I'm glad to finally have my Internet back so I can comment (. i.e. bug you) on your blog.

Matt is such a sweetheart! Sounds like a very special day and a lot of fun times with a special person! Is there a Matt Day sometime in the future?