Monday, August 11, 2008

Yummy!!

A few weeks ago my parents came over to the apartment and Matt and I made a gourmet meal. My mom has asked me for the recipe a couple of times, and since I'm kinda ditzy I keep forgetting. Well since I finally remembered I thought I'd put it up here for her and then the rest of you can enjoy it too!
Don't be fooled by thinking "I've had hamburgers, these can't be much different..." Oh, sooooo tasty, give them a shot! I've copied the recipe exactly, but then put my own notes from our cooking experience on the bottom! Enjoy!

Prize Grilled Hamburgers
  • 2 Lb lean hamburger
  • 1 Lb pork sausage
  • 1 pkg dry onion soup mix
  • 1 cup instant mashed potatoes
  • 2 eggs
  • 2 tsp. salt
  • 1 cup milk
Mix all ingredients well. Shape into patties. Grill for 5 minutes on each side. Turn once (may be wrapped in foil after grilling and heated in the oven).
Makes 10 servings

***We did not add the milk to the meat mixture. By the time all the other ingredients were together the consistency was already really sticky, we couldn't imagine adding another cup of liquid to it.
***Some burgers shrink as you cook them...these didn't! The recipe says it should make 10 burgers, but I still think that is a lot of meat for one burger. So unless you are a huge meat lover I would make at least 12 patties.

3 comments:

Melissa said...

My dear, dear sister, whom I love -- this sounds like the yuckiest thing in the world. Mashed potatoes mixed with hamburger, pork sausage and eggs?

I'm going to need a second opinion on these before I try them ... and no, co-griller Matt doesn't count. :)

Anonymous said...

OK, I MUST defend this recipe! These were SO yummy I made a fool of myself raving about them. Seriously. I sounded like Bill Murray in "What about Bob" eating that food--"mmm, mmm, mmm". Or maybe I was just starving. But anyway, they ARE really good!

Melissa said...

With the potatoes, do you use the potato pearls or the actual finished product of mashed potatoes? I bought all the stuff and plan to make it tomorrow. Unless, of course, Steven stages a coup.