Sunday, August 31, 2008

We've Gone to the Dogs

We went to the Sheepdog Championship this weekend at Soldier Hollow. Here we got to see dogs do all sorts of amazing things. It featured the sheepdog herding competition, a duck herding competition, wild things animal show, the Ultimate Canines Dog Entertainment Show, and a splash dogs competition.
I think the splash dogs were my favorite thing to watch. We took video of a few of the dogs.

Splash Dogs 1

Splash Dogs 2

Some of the dogs weren't as enthusiastic as others to jump into the pool.

Since I am a big animal lover I loved the whole afternoon. It is amazing to see how well disciplined and trained these dogs can be. I was especially impressed with the sheepdogs ability to know what way to guide the sheep down the mountain just by the way the handler blew his/her whistle. I don't think Mojo, or very many dogs for that matter, could do what those ones did. It was cool!

No comments: